Sunday, July 3, 2011

The Australian International Auto Show

Let me think back to the last auto show I had been to. I think it was about 2008 in Detroit. It was packed. There were some places were you couldn't even move. You just let the flow of the crowd take you to the next display. All the announcers were pretty people and they knew what they were talking about. Some cars I wouldn't be able to see unless I elbowed my way through the crowd (which I was never so interested in one vehicle that I would deem this necessary). Finding some place to relax was pretty much impossible let alone sit and eat a snack/give a baby a bottle.

So I wasn't sure was to expect but I wasn't really expecting a leisurely walk around a convention center! But that was what I got. And it was nice. Ford had an interactive display so Lilly was entertained by different things.


We were even able to get a couple of prizes for her attempts at driving a car.


Oh, and of course, we saw the car that Seth has been working on since in came to Australia. And when he went to the states . . .





Lilly really wanted to model but it looks like she was getting ready to go for a run.


This guy must have been smitten with Lilly because he let her go through the fence to see this limo. Then everyone else wanted to do it too.


Looking a little irritated at sitting in the "pram" for so long.


But Papa saves the day!


Potential Mad Max cars:


And when we needed to give Adlai his bottle, we were the only ones in the snack area. Finding a seat was easy peasy.

1 comment:

mom said...

I used to do the pose thing too. So funny to see Lilly!