Monday, March 28, 2011

Lilly’s 5th Birthday

Lilly is a huge fan of Bindi Irwin so she wanted a zoo party for her birthday. It was either that or My Little Pony and I was thinking I could do more with an animal cake than a horse cake. (You can see where my mind goes with these things).

While we were waiting for everyone to arrive I had the kids make a little craft. They made animal faces that I took home and made a banner for Lilly.





I used sand buckets and put all the childrens’ names on them. They were able to use these throughout the party to collect their prizes. We hid some small animals and the kids had to hunt a certain amount to get a bigger prize. They threw balls into a bucket and we played a game of animal charades. The kids spent a lot of time in the sand pit and just running around – makes for easy planning.





The cake was an interesting project for me. Since we were doing animal/zoo, Lilly agreed on a turtle cake. And this was what I came up with. She really liked it and I got some good reviews on how it tasted.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Really cute!