Thursday, December 31, 2009

December 31 - New Year Festivities

Ok, so it has dawned on me that I am finally getting all caught up and that the date on all of these says it is the 31st. So I can say I got caught up in 2009. However, I also realize that the blog thinks I am writing these while sitting in front of the fire in Michigan. It's really the first but we don't need to let anyone in on this little secret. Yeah, I just told you, but really, who reads this anyway?

[Hello, Emily, she is reading as I'm writing because I'm chatting with her at the same time. Multitasking.]

Anyway, our New Year's Eve we ran to Costco. I know exciting stuff.

For real, we went to a friend's house. This is the French family we know (I've mentioned Chloe before, her dad is the one that got hit with the stick). It has been over a hundred degrees the last couple of days and apparently Lilly's body just couldn't take it any more. We walked in the door and Lilly puked in the foyer. We made it to the bathroom but she still puked all over the floor in there as well. We had her relax in the air conditioned room and after 20 minutes she was fine.

We had dinner and then decided on some family fireworks to go see (family fireworks are on at 9:15). We all hopped on the tram and by the time we got into the city, there was a thunder storm brewing. While we stood there trying to figure out which tram to get on next the rain started. Lilly doesn't like thunder too much and we called it a day. We got back on a tram to take us back home. I can't even post a picture because our camera is with our friends. I'll see what we got when we get the camera back.

We did one sparkler and put Lilly to bed. Seth and I played our Mario game and then watched the movie 9. That was it for us!

Hope everyone else had a great New Year's Celebration (at least a bit more exciting)!

And with that, consider me caught up with my blog. Let's see what I can do in 2010!

No comments: