Thursday, December 31, 2009

December 15 - Thomas the Train

Lilly and I went along with our Australian friends Heather and Alex (Alex is one year younger than Lilly) to the Docklands to see Thomas the Train. We didn't have any expectations as the show was free and based on past experience, the more things are advertised here, the more disappointing they seem to be.

The day was very nice, maybe a little warm but I couldn't complain about that. We took the tram into the city and did a little walking when our second tram turned a different way than expected. We arrived at the stage as the crowd was being warmed up. The guy kept mentioning that pictures could be taken afterward with Thomas for those people who got a special ticket before the show. Apparently you had to be there 30 minutes beforehand to get the special ticket. Poor Lilly kept asking if we had the special ticket. Seeing as how we were only 7 minutes early, we didn't get a ticket.


I was very surprised at the show. It was cheesy but cute. There was singing and a little dancing. Lilly even got involved although she usually sits with her hands in her lap.


After the show was over I was gathering our belongs and trying to avoid Lilly asking if she could get in the line for the pictures. A very nice lady walked up to me and asked if we had a ticket for the pictures and of course I told her no. She handed me their ticket! I didn't ask why but showed it to Lilly and she just got so excited. We found Alex Lilly even told me that she would go up with Alex without me (she is usually petrified of being around dressed up characters). It worked out great and we got a fabulous picture.

When that was done we ran to Costco and then home. I left Lilly with Heather and ran off to do my last day of tutoring at the Primary School. I also discussed more details about me working a few hours a week at the school next year. Nothing major but sticking my foot in the door for more work.

PS - Did I mention that there is a jumbotron screen at the Docklands? It was right beside the stage for the Thomas show. They were showing the Army/Navy football game. I might have watched a few plays. And taken a picture . . .

No comments: