Monday, December 21, 2009

October 26 - A View of the City

Here comes the problem with waiting two months to blog - I really don't remember what all we did!

So I'm looking through pictures to figure out what we did but I only have our pictures now. And on this Monday, the only pictures we have are of the view from a tall building.

Anyway, Eureka Skydeck is 92 stories high but the skydeck is on the 88th floor (I can't even imagine what is up higher than that). The elevators travel at 9 meters/second (the fastest in the southern hemisphere) and they were pretty smooth. There is an area called The Edge where you go into this glass box and the glass box moves out of the building so you like of look like you are standing on air. We did not do this.

There is an outside observation area that is very windy. That's where Seth and I are standing together.



I think we also did the Melbourne Museum on this day.

We took everyone to Lygon Street to check out a great Italian place we found (there are lots of them on this street but we found one that has good food and is reasonably priced). I walked up the street and thought it should be right here but there was nothing there. Turns out there was a big fire there a few months ago. So we went to the place next door and that will be our new go to Italian place.

No comments: