Monday, December 14, 2009

October 25 - AWA Trunk or Treat

I was again on the committee for the Trunk or Treat. Last year I just helped out with the Scavenger Hunt but this year I did a tab more. Since we opted out of the Scavenger Hunt, I helped get things ready for the guessing of the candy jars.

I also was in charge of getting things from Costco. Water was our priority (Seth got roped into this and I am very grateful he was able to help). We planned on two waters for each person and last year we had 375 people show up. Well, we were back at Costco because sometime between when I left for Tasmania and when I got back, we were at 500 people registered! The committee added more games and had a few other tweaks to make the day run smoothly.

The day was a huge success. The weather was much colder than anticipated so most of the water was left untouched (bummer) but it didn't rain. When I got out to the car park, it looked like a college football game with a bunch of tailgaters. Everyone was eating and drinking, it was very festive.
The in-laws helped out with the registration table (Alan also helped by bringing the goodie bags all the way from Copley, Ohio). Lilly ran around with some friends. Seth tried to stick by me but we kept getting separated. I don't think we actually got a full picture of Lilly but she was Tinkerbell. I was a Kangaroo player (Australian Rules Football) and Seth was a referee for the sport.


Without it meaning to be a big fundraiser, I believe we were able to donate about $3,000 to the Royal Children's Hospital.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Lilly looks tired! Was this pre or post sugar high?! HA!