Thursday, February 10, 2011

May 31 - June 6

I'm trying to catch up here. So bear with me while I lump large sections of our trip together. There won't be a lot of detail either, remember, I don't take good notes. I'm working on that. I'll probably do it this way until I catch up. It just makes it easier and I need to get back on track soon!

So our first day in Michigan was Memorial Day so Seth was able to spend the day with us. We went to the Fairlane Mall just to see the sales. We didn't really buy too much although I was tempted to buy lots. Then we went to see some friends from the Moms Groups I used to belong to. We had a very nice BBQ with a few of the other families. It was so wonderful to see everyone and it was great to see all the girls play together.

Tuesday Seth dropped Lilly and I off at a shopping center so we could look around and get a few things. Not too exciting but I miss some of the stores!

Wednesday was supposed to be a trip to a farm with the old Moms Group. However the news was predicting a huge storm so it was canceled. So I went with several of the moms to IKEA to play around with the girls (there were very few boys in our group when we first started meeting). And while the storm only lasted for a few minutes, it was great to hang out and just relax with our old friends. Lilly had a wonderful time catching up with everyone (although she really didn't remember anyone!).


Thursday was spent at a friends house (I really wish I had taken some pictures). Lilly was exhausted at this point and didn't really play much but I got to spend time with a great friend and see her new baby as well.

We spent part of Friday with yet another friend (I loved having so many people to visit) who was able to pick us up at Seth's hotel. In the evening we drove to Seth's parents house so they could watch Lilly for the weekend.

Because on the weekend, Seth and I went to New Orleans! Yahoo! Not only did we get to go see a cool city, but it was just nice to spend time together. Remember, we hadn't seen each other in two months. We did a lot of walking, a little tram riding and then some more walking. We even got to see Seth's cousin who was there for a wedding. That was pretty cool (although we did crash the wedding looking all touristy)!


Browsing the shops, this was what Seth picked out. Of all things.


Had to stop at Pat O'Briens for a Hurricane. Always such an interesting crowd. I've only been here one other time and I went into the piano bar so I didn't even know this fountain existed.


Our nice dinner out was at Houstons. Yummy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jolie,
Glad your back on your blog. Missed it! Just wanted to tell you that I also have that large fork and spoon! Amazing!
Congrats on the coming event!