Monday, February 7, 2011

May 12 - Run into the City

I went through to check out some stuff in the blog and I realized I never did announce that the family has received our Permanent Residency here in Australia. In fact, we received it two days before Seth left the country. What does this mean for us? Not much. We don't have to renew Seth's work visa or if he quits his job, we don't have to leave. And I guess we can come in and out of the country pretty easily. People ask if we are going to get our Australian Citizenship, but we don't know. I know if you get that you HAVE to vote - they have a fine if you don't vote. That would mean I would need to learn a little more about the government and I'm already confused enough just by the council set up.

Anyway, that was the reason I needed to get my Australian licence (that isn't a spelling error, i swear). So while Emily was here I had my appointment to go get my actual licence. Well, to pay for it anyway and get the picture taken. We dropped Lilly off at Kinder and took the tram towards the city. I had my paperwork all filled out and the appropriate forms and identification and that was it. They gave me a temp piece of paper and said the new one would arrive in about a week. Nothin' to it.

We had a few hours to spare before getting Lilly so we headed to the National Gallery of Victoria. I figured I could show her some Aboriginal Art since the art trail we walked through wasn't the clearest. We spent some time looking around and then headed up to an exhibit put on by some graduating art students. There were some impressive displays. I would post some pictures but I don't have the names of the artists so I'll leave those out this time. And yes, I don't have any of the names but I figured you'd want to see a picture or two.




Can I just add that for some reason we were just late this day? We had to rush to get to my appointment and then when it was time to pick up Lilly, I was late again. I had to run from the train to her Kinder. We were getting to comfortable with our relaxed schedule.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Still reading and still excited to hear from you.