Thursday, January 5, 2012

Point Nepean

We drove down around the bay to the national park at the tip. There is a Quarantine Station that is starting to be refurbished (refurbished? I don't know if that was what I was thinking when I wrote this, but it's staying). At one point the 'hospitals' were used as barracks and I swear somewhere I read that the area was used for a camp (dorm room style, but I still can't imagine what kind of camp would have been held there)

This was the machine they used to decontaminate the luggage and stuff. Hence the luggage on the conveyor belt.

I really like the look of brick so I always get pictures of Lilly in front of it. Just ignore her hair, it’s her latest style.

Afterwards we took a little hike. It was a bit chilly but the sun was shining so we warmed up pretty well. Seth and Lilly even did a little play on the beach. I kept Adlai with me on the path so he didn’t get all sandy. Plus, I wasn’t feeling well and just wanted to sit and relax for a little bit.

Adlai seemed to enjoy his ride. Well, he fell asleep 5 minutes after we started walking and just sunk lower and lower in the pack. Notice the hat he got for the holidays. The was the last we saw of it. Time to go hat shopping for one with a string.

No comments: