Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Happy Birthday, Sweet Lilly!

Our morning was pretty slow. We talked to my mom

and Lilly opened her present.

There was even a wardrobe change.

And later my sister-in-law, brother and the twins called. But I was on the way out the door and didn't have my camera handy to snap a picture.

The temps ran into the 90s. It was hot. So in the afternoon I took the kids down to an outdoor pool near our old apartment. It was nice. Although to me, it felt cold the moment we got into the water. We spent a lot of time in the baby pool and that has a shade sail over the entire thing, so the water doesn't really warm up. At least in the other pool there was a section that wasn't covered so it felt warmer (I'm sure it helps to be standing in the sun).

Seth met us at the pool and we headed out for dinner. We asked Lilly what she wanted for dinner. Lilly's answer was rice. So Thai was the winner. Here's Adlai's thoughts on dinner:

Afterwards we walked down the street a few meters to a gellato place. Lilly was quite happy.

She even was happy to include her brother in the festivities.

But then I asked her to pose for a picture (in front of a brick wall) and it was clear she was done.

I did want to show you her fashion sense.


And her last attempt at a smile.

I love you, Lilly Bear!!

No comments: