Wednesday, April 20, 2011

My Knitting Adventure

I thought it would be cute to be able to knit scarves and hats. So the best way I knew how to learn was to join a knitting circle. And join one I did. Well, it wasn't all that I thought it would be but I love it! I'm the youngest one (I brought the average age way down when I started) and the purpose of the group is to knit blankets for a charity.

So I was instructed in casting on and doing a simple knit stitch (forgive me if my vocabulary is wrong, I just do what I'm told). I just did the same stitch over and over and made strips of these stitches and then put all the strips together. All the 'wool' (aka yarn) is donated so I just used what was available and since I didn't know any better, would just grab random stuff.

I may have made the ugliest blanket (although my friend says she is working on that title now) . . .


but it is amazingly warm. The blanket is laying on my bed but it is folded in half. One of the ladies in the circle took the blanket and crocheted a border around the entire thing. I'm sure that helped it out a lot.

I have knitted two scarves. I need to dig them out and take a picture. Lilly grabbed one and the other one I'm hoping to make a matching beanie. I'll keep you updated!

No comments: