Thursday, April 7, 2011

Conferences!!

Lilly had her first round of Parent/Teacher Conferences. This was my first time being on the other side of the table. What a difference it is!

This term the school had student led conferences so Lilly had to come up with something that needed to be improved in four different areas. Then she and her teacher, Ms. Nadia, discussed how Lilly would practice each goal.

For Numeracy Lilly said she needed to work on her shapes. This surprised me and her teacher as she has never had a problem with naming them. Lilly says 'but I just can't do a triangle!' Of course! Silly me, she has trouble drawing them, and that is what is most important in her eyes!

Over all, Lilly is doing very well - socially and academically. She is apparently an extra set of eyes and ears in the classroom.

1 comment:

mom said...

That's my girl!