Friday, April 1, 2011

March 27 - The 2nd Midwife Visit

I forgot to mention that a midwife came to check on us on Friday. Something a little different. This is someone from the hospital. So she came to weigh Baby and check to see how I'm holding up from the surgery. Her findings were that Baby was a little jaundiced and still not gaining weight. And that I was doing just fine with all my medications. So I was to feed Baby every three hours even if I needed to wake him up to do so. And we could expect another visit on Sunday.

Saturday night was a little rough and in the morning Seth said he would get up with Lilly. He got out of bed sometime after 8:00 and I said I would get up and take a shower. Oops, I woke up to the sound of knocking on the door. So much for my shower. Seth took down Baby and the midwife got started on the check while I brushed my teeth.

Baby was gaining weight this time!! It may have had something to do with him wanting to eat every two hours the night before (hence me being completely exhausted). And Baby's skin was only slightly yellow in his face so it was all good.

No comments: