Friday, January 29, 2010

January 12 - Let's Get Beer

We loaded up early in the Territory and wedged ourselves in our seats. It was a tight fit and not very comfortable. Seth ended up driving the entire way with Jaime or Michelle beside him. I was wedged between two child seats in the middle row. Made for happy traveling. At least I had the air conditioner blowing on my legs. I may not have mentioned, it was still hot. I'm talking 109 degrees hot. It was not pleasant.



Our goal for the next two days was to check out some Breweries in Victoria.

First stop, Buffalo Brewery near Wangaratta - we had a booking for 1:00 lunch. We got there a bit early but come to find out we were the only ones at the restaurant. We tried a couple of their beers (although James took it upon himself to dispose of Michelle's by kicking it over) and went ahead and purchased a six pack of mixed beverages for later. Jaime later said he was going to talk to the bartender about the beers but couldn't understand most of what he was saying.



Next stop was Bintara (which was actually part of Vintara the Winery, see what they did there? V and B? Mighty clever) near Rutherglen. It was here that the hostess told us it was awfully hot to have three young children out and about. I just smiled and didn't mention that our house was about 10 degrees warmer than the outside temperature and with 7 people, it would have been a bit tense. Anyway, I wasn't too impressed and we didn't stay long.



Next stop was our hotel. We found a 3 bedroom apartment with a full kitchen. It worked out well as we were able to make dinner and just relax. The advertised air conditioning was exactly air conditioning but if you could find a seat under a fan, you were good.

Seth and I ran into Wangaratta to pick up some groceries and then we hung out eating and playing with the kids. We only brought five books and I think each of the adults may have read each book twice (those books were all hidden once we arrived home). There was a pool but we hadn't even thought about bringing swimming suits. And no one wanted to move once they gained control of a spot under the fans.



Our idea was to drink our six pack after the kids all went to bed and watch a movie. We did watch a movie but Michelle fell asleep with the kids. The six pack was mostly ok but I did have the worst beer I have ever had and Jaime agreed that it was terrible. Seth wouldn't even try it after Jaime gave it a thumbs down. I still can't believe I drank the entire thing.

1 comment:

Aleta said...

Mmmm beer. I like how the hostess gives you a hard time about taking kids out in the heat but not to a brewery. (Not that I have a problem with it!) Ah unsolicited advice, how fun!
I can honestly say I'll take my 23 deg and snowstorm over 109 with no air. stay cool!