Friday, August 21, 2009

Our First Visitor! - August 8

Our first visitor arrived on the 8th but we didn't take any pics. No, we have video from the airport. I'll see if Seth can include any of that. We welcomed my mom to the wonderful land of Oz, complete with a banner. There were tears, it had been almost a complete year since I had seen mom and she was so happy to see Lilly. Lilly had been talking about this day for weeks and announced it to every cashier and friendly stranger we met. When she actually saw grandma she clammed up. Wouldn't make eye contact or even give a wave. She's a nut.

So we picked mom up at about 10:30 am and gave her orders that she wasn't allowed to nap. We went back to our place, gave her the tour, had some lunch and watched a video of Lilly at ballet. Mom took a shower and after watching more video said she was getting tired. So I took her for a ride on the tram to Lygon Street. This was where we were going to have dinner.

Seth and Lilly met us about a half hour after we got there and we chose a place for dinner. We ate a little early in case mom got tired and plus I was heading off to an AWA gathering. We had wonderful meals and asked for take-away boxes and the waiter told us that wasn't allowed. He finally gave in and we 'snuck' our food out. It was the first time we had been told we couldn't take our left overs home.

I headed to my gathering and Seth and Lilly took mom home on the tram. I think mom and Lilly were both asleep by 8:00. It was wonderful to have mom here!

No comments: