Saturday, September 12, 2009

Day 2 with our visitor - August 9

Not moving very quickly with the posts. That's seems to be ok. Not sure that many if any people actually read them!

So we thought we would head to the CBD. We hopped on a tram and went to the middle of the city. We walked around the river where there is a wonderful Arts and Craft Sale. This happens every Sunday. We have seen it a couple of times but still haven't bought anything.

Next we tried going to a footy game. However, we were hoping to use a coupon to get a reduced price. Apparently, in order to use the coupon we had to be with a member (sort of like a season ticket holder). Little did we know! So we opted out of the game and headed towards the Docklands to walk around before my soccer game.

I really had a reason to head to the Docklands. The Costco was going to be opening in a week and I was hoping to get a membership so I wouldn't have to stand in line. I was able to walk in, fill out the paper, and get my picture taken in about five minutes. We saw the inside of the warehouse but weren't allowed to walk around. I was asked if I was excited and said sure. The lady then said that it seemed like most foreigners were excited about it. Ok, that's great.

After getting our membership we had to head down to my soccer game. Hopped on a couple of trams and arrived in plenty of time. Played, we lost, nothing new. Headed home with a quick stop for dinner (probably at McDonald's). We didn't stay up too late because we wanted to head out pretty early on Monday.

Monday's post will have more interesting stuff, trust me, you'll want to see it!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jolie
Yes, I just happen to look at your site and see you have more news up.
I'm sure we all read it, we just don't answer it! Keep blogging.
K

Anonymous said...

I love your posts and read each and every one. Enjoy hearing about Australia and life there for your family. Pictures are much appreciated too!
Keep blogging,
Aunt Barb

Anonymous said...

I read it Jolie! Wish you would post more frequently though! And you're married to a man with a 12.2MP Canon Rebel XSi so you should definitely post more pics!

Kristi