Friday, August 21, 2009

More July

We really didn't do much this month. We stuck close to home even though we were really cold. We have five room heaters but they only work if you can close the door to the room. So that leaves three since the other two are downstairs which is all open (the heat goes right out the front door). We don't usually leave the heaters on during the day since we are in and out of rooms and with a three-year-old, doors don't stay closed either way. There are days when I would drive to playgroup just so I could turn on the heater.

Anyway . . . picture explanations:

Lilly and I went with our friends down to the city. We originally went down to see some puppet show (I'm trying to expose Lilly to those things that she seems to be afraid of as often as possible). We missed the show so we headed to a large play park for the kids. Lilly ran around quite a bit but when we went to have a cup of hot chocolate and a snack she pretty much collapsed. She was exhausted and by the time we got home she had a bit of a fever. It made for a long walk to the tram but she was able to sleep on the tram back to Coburg.

Lilly received a package from my mom and it had a few monkeys in it! Here she is sporting her monkey pjs. She really likes them but she says she is waiting to bring out the stuffed monkey until my mom gets to Australia. In the meantime she wears the pjs every night unless I hide them to get them washed and has asked to wear a monkey shirt every other day (with her skirts/dresses).

And finally, Seth and I had a date! We met five other couples for a night of ice skating. This was a group outing for the American Women's Auxillary. Seth and I were the only couple with a child so that was a little odd but one lady was pregnant (she did not ice skate). I think we had a two hour window, maybe an hour and a half to actually skate and then you get kicked out so the next group could come in. The rink wasn't very big and there really wasn't a zamboni, just two people scraping the ice when we were done. I am proud to say I didn't fall once! Seth didn't either but I think he has a little more experience than I do with ice skating. After skating we went out for dinner and Seth had the best steak he has had since we moved here. I got chicken, which was pretty good and got a side salad which was the biggest salad I've had at a restaurant since I've been here!

No comments: