Wednesday, November 26, 2008

A museum and a little turkey

It's Thanksgiving here, but not since they don't celebrate. I'll give you the scoop on our celebration later as it hasn't happened yet.


On Tuesday Lilly and I took off for the day to Scienceworks. It was a lot of fun! They have a sports exhibit but instead of baseball, they have cricket and they had their own version of football. I'm not even going to attempt to explain this one, maybe next time the season rolls around again.

The museum has an entire exhibit geared towards 3-6 year olds. Perfect for Lilly. They had quite a bit on simple machines. Lots of pulleys and the like. Then they had a pretend cafe. I think the food and where it came from was the 'learning' point in this room. And then there was the player piano. Just sitting in there. I had fun with it while Lilly made me an apple with toast.

It was a good time. I have to admit, not as nice as COSI but I have to compare everything to that silly place. There were a lot of hands-on exhibits, I'll just have to spend more time exploring them. We did get a family pass so we can go back whenever we want. The pass is also good for several other museums so I am hoping we get some good use out of it!

Have a good one and gobble, gobble!

No comments: