Sunday, November 2, 2008

A weekly update




I seriously don't mean to wait a week and then write everything at once. It just seems that is how it works. Of course, that also means that I tend to skip around and miss out on things that we have done. But, my aunt sent me a note and pics of a cousin's wedding and she happened to mention that other people think I should be blogging more often. I'll work on that!

First, the weather. I believe it has been in the 60's and 70's as of late. I was told that it would be quite dry around here but we seem to get rain about once a week lately, although it is cloudy and dreary more often than that (seems more like fall to me than spring). When I first arrived it was rainy for about three straight weeks. Australia in general needs the rain so I shouldn't complain. We are on strict water restrictions but I can't tell you what that means. Once I find out more about it I'll let you all know. Something about we can only water our gardens/yards for two hours twice a week. I don't know, and since I never watered before, I don't feel like I need to water now.

Our oven is finally fixed. I think the guy came back on Wednesday, but it could have been Thursday. We still haven't used the oven but I plan on making some cookies this week, maybe today.

We don't know if anyone came trick-or-treating on Friday. The family ended up going to a special story time at our local library. Lilly was excited that she got to wear her pajamas.

Yesterday was our big day for the week (Sunday). We took a train into the city and Seth ran to a computer store while I looked around the outlet for shoes for Lilly. I don't think she has outgrown her shoes but she has been complaining about her feet hurting. I'll be happy when it's warm and she can wear her sandals again. We met back up and jumped on a tram to take us to another part of the city to meet up with some friends. This was the family that Seth stayed with when he first moved down. We had lunch with the mom and two youngest children. We then stole the youngest and took her and Lilly to the Melbourne Aquarium. It wasn't as big as Seth was expecting but we definitely saw a lot of different fish! And I'm sorry but after seeing the size of some of those things, I don't know that I'll be getting scuba certified! We'll see. Lilly wanted to find a 'Nemo fish' and kept talking about finding one. Well, she found one in about the third tank she looked in so that took out a little of the fun. She really enjoyed seeing the fish and got very excited about pointed out all the different fish. We watched some divers feed sharks and manta rays. That was pretty cool but Lilly was freaked out about the size of the manta rays. The first picture is one of Seth and I from Lilly's point of view, then we have the sharks getting fed and finally a big redish-orangish fish.

After the Aquarium we hopped another tram and took it south of the city to my soccer game. We had a lot of guys that didn't normally play with us but we still did really well. I am happy to say that I was able to score again. It was a one-on-one against the keeper and I am thrilled that I didn't just chip the ball into his hands as I'm known to do.

Finally, we hopped on the tram back to the city, caught a train and headed back to Coburg. I was exhausted as was Seth so he stopped at KFC for dinner and I ran into the grocery for milk and bread. We had to walk back home and it was getting colder and it had been raining. Overall we were happy that we managed everything without having to move our car!!

Seth and I had been talking about getting a Wii for a while. We finally got one this weekend (Seth was trying to cheer me up while I was down in the dumps about not being with my family and missing my cousin's wedding). We have had fun playing tennis and bowling. We even got Lilly in on the action. We got the Wii Fit and I have been laughing so hard at some of the activities. Anyone have a Wii? What's the best you've done on the hula hoop workout? I'm not too bad but I'm sure if there was a real hula hoop involved, it would be on the ground a lot more!

2 comments:

Arreteel said...

Yeah! The hula hoop!!! It is funny to see your 4-year old do an "air" hola hoop to praise and worship music at church. It has people wondering what I teach the kids at home!

Jen said...

The hula hooping workout is so much fun!!! Nate and Luka laugh at me because I was constantly trying to beat my own score, even though I was always in first place in our house. But of course now my giant twin belly has put a temporary hold on hooping, lol...