Saturday, November 22, 2008

And this one on 21-11

This week hasn't been too exciting. Saturday we spent the morning collecting meats, veggies and fruits down Sydney Road. This is where all our smaller shops are located. Not too many chain stores.

In the evening we were invited to a birthday party for one of my teammates. He works at Ford. We took a train and tram to the park close to the CBD. We watched everyone play a game of cricket (which I still don't understand). Later we played a little game of soccer. There was a very small play park with a swing and slide shaped like a dragon so Lilly even got to play.

Sunday we spent the day at a shopping center trying to find a place to get a haircut. We never did find a place that we could agree on and ended up leaving with a filter for our camera and a wooden puzzle for the kid.

I did have what I can only categorize as food poisoning on Tuesday. Whatever was in my stomach needed to be out and then I was fine.

I saw three child care centers this week. I was told there are waiting lists everywhere. Just in case I want to teach this coming year I need to have a plan and it has become a difficult task. One center did ask if I had family around or if I was isolated. I said I was isolated and she said there is preferential treatment for families in this situation. Still don't see this helping with the long waiting lists I saw. We'll keep looking.

Conversation between Seth and Lilly as we crossed a field by our house:
L - What are they playing?
S - Cricket.
L - Why are they playing cricket?
S - Because they enjoy it.
L - They should be playing baseball.

No comments: