Monday, December 1, 2008

Lots of fun!

We've actually had a busy couple of days! Thanksgiving evening was spent with another American family at TGIFridays. We had a very large, all-you-can-eat turkey meal. There was stuffing, sweet potatoes, green beans, mashed potatoes and more! We ate until we were stuffed and then I shared some apple pie. It wasn't the best meal ever but worth it.

Friday Lilly and I went to see Mem Fox. She is a wonderful children's author. She talked about children's literacy and how important it was to read to children right from birth.

Saturday was grocery shopping day. I won't bore you with the details.

Sunday we set off for another hike. We went to Organ Pipes National Park. We spent about an hour and a half walking around and saw a bunch of different rock formations. We also saw some interesting birds (we only got a picture of one but I took about 12 pics of it). I'll have Seth post a link with pictures from this walk later.

And finally, Monday was my big day! I mean, Seth and mine. For our anniversary Seth had gotten us tickets to see Billy Joel!! I happen to love his music. And even though we sat in the very top row, it was well worth it. Billy even waved to me (just like he did when we saw him in Columbus, E)! It was a good time and nice to get out. Lilly was able to sleep in her own bed as our 'babysitter' came to our house and spent the night.

Have a good one!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mem Fox and Billy Joel all in a matter of days?! AWESOME!!!!

Anonymous said...

I see Mem Fox was signing your copy of Where Is the Green Sheep. I saw her speak at a literacy conference in Columbus and she signed a copy of that for us. Ellie can "read" it to us-it's a great one!! I love your new hair by the way!

Wingnut said...

Isn't it great to be given just the right thing?