Sunday, November 15, 2009

September 29 - Melbourne Zoo

Because we got a year pass, it is very easy to just hop on the tram or train and take a ride to the zoo. We can spend a few minutes (yes, we have done this on a rainy day) or several hours. We like to pick an animal or two and then head to the play park.

This day was special because Lilly told me that she thought we should try the butterfly house. The first time we went to the zoo, she went into the butterfly house and completely freaked out when a butterfly landed on her. She was done. She climbed up my leg and into my arms then kicked me until I got out of the house. It was not pretty. Each visit after we would go see the elephants and we would have to go by the butterfly house. Lilly would go into panic mode and tell me she would not go in, some days she would even be in tears. For whatever reason, today was the day she was over her fear. She went in, stood for some pictures and held her hand up for a butterfly to land on. The only almost tears - she was upset when the butterflies did NOT land on her hand!

We went by the elephants. We like to stand and watch them for a while. Ok, I like to stand and watch, Lilly likes to jump up and down the steps and swing from the bars in the area. At least we are both happy!

And of course, what's a trip to the zoo without a trip to the play area. This was the busiest I have seen the zoo but it was a really nice day.

No comments: