Thursday, October 2, 2008

A little more trouble . . .

We haven't quite figured out the oven. In fact, a week ago I tried to warm up some taco shells and within minutes they were burnt to a crisp. I was a bit upset but we had more. This week it was Seth's turn to warm up the taco shells. I thought the meat was burning, but no, it was the shells. And they were on fire. I think we may have killed the oven. Now Seth is kicking me for talking him out of a toaster oven. Sorry!

On the bright side, we have heard that our 'stuff' is in Melbourne and it is no longer on a boat. It is supposed to go through customs on Monday and be delivered on Tuesday!! That would be dreamy. We can get on with organizing our house (and putting so much stuff in our storage area - the garage).

Last night I played in a soccer game. That was good fun. It was at an indoor place. But it wasn't indoor as we think of indoor. It was a gym floor and there weren't walls to use. If it went out, it was a kick, if it went over the end line the goalie got to throw it. Unless it was kicked out by our team and then it was a corner kick. Not complicated, just a little different. It was a lot smaller than an indoor field and it was 5 v. 5. Our team won! I plan on playing again and I think Seth has found one more team for me to play with for a bit. We'll see, hopefully this way I can meet more people!

Have a good one!

1 comment:

Bill S. said...

That's why I don't eat tacos: flammable shells.

Also: thanks for the birthday card!