Thursday, October 9, 2008

It has arrived!!

And a truck pulled up to our complex and started to unload the hundreds of boxes of stuff we brought. Oh my goodness, there are a lot of boxes in our house right now! We still have to put together our Ikea furniture so we can put more things away. It's been a struggle to get things together but I'm not going to complain! I have my own pillow!

Now the internet is a different story. Our application was denied - I don't really know what that means except that we waited for 3 weeks for them to decide that we couldn't get internet from them. So we went with a different company and we already have phone service. Now we just have to wait for the modem to arrive and we should be all set.

Saturday the three of us went 'downtown' to see a pro-soccer game. The Melbourne Victory won the game (don't ask me what kind of mascot the Victory would be, I tried to ask but got no real answer). It was fun and hopefully we'll go see another game.

I was going to tell you the story of our new refrigerator but I think Seth would be embarrassed. It just fits in our space and there was a saw involved. I won't go into any more details. We have a very large fridge!

I have played two more soccer games (two different teams), one resulted in a loss by 1 and the other a tie. It's a lot of fun and a great workout.

Hopefully in the next couple of weeks I'll be typing this from home and I'll include some pics. I can show everyone the crazyness of our place.

Have a good one!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jolie
Just a comment on your new refrig. As you may know Mel and I have been "updoing" our house the past 6 months. It involved getting
a new refrig on top of flooring, dishwasher, disposal and faucet. It was a comedy of errors. The refrig was the BEST. We measured and measured and thought we had one that would fit. Turns out that they had to take the baseboard off the 3 sides and it just fits. Well, not at the top. The top kinda fits very snuggly onto the wall. Wall is crooked. We hopefully won't need to move it much since we already have 3 tiny scratches on it where the wall meets the refrig.
They make refrig. much much bigger nowadays leaving not much room when you have a tiny kitchen. Oh, I forgot. I wanted the kind with the freezer on bottom and 2 doors on top. Could have saved myself a lot of bother if we had just gone with the same old same old! Glad you finally got your stuff. Enjoy.
Karen