Sunday, September 14, 2008

Our first full day . . .

We didn't do anything after we arrived in Melbourne yesterday. Just went to the house Seth had stayed at and gathered some of his things, had a quick lunch and called my mom. We went to our “serviced apartment” where we will be staying for the next 10 days and Lilly and I got baths and showers. For dinner Seth went and picked up chinese from the Yummy Palace. It wasn't so yummy but Seth said he had eaten better Chinese.

We ended up sleeping about 12 hours and then got up and moving. We needed some groceries in a big way. We headed to a Safeway and grabbed some staples. I was warned that prices were much higher here. I was still in a bit of sticker shock to see $4.29/kg for bananas. We forgot to check what we had to cook with as far as pots and pans for our stove so we stocked up on snacks.

We rested for a couple of hours and then headed to the mall. We needed to get Lilly some diapers and we need to find her a new potty seat. We went to Target in the mall and it had most of the same things except no food and no cleaning supplies that I saw.

We took Lilly to the house where Seth stayed for the month and they watched her so Seth and I could go our for our anniversary. We went to a really cool street that was very busy for a Sunday night. We had Italian and then went to a sweet shop and got a little treat. I have to mention that Seth rocks because he got me BILLY JOEL tickets!!!!!!! Sorry cousin E, I already told Seth I would take him.

Have a good one!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

C'mon! I can't believe it! Billy Joel without me? Hope you have a good time. :)