Friday, June 15, 2012

Something Different

Friday is a waiting game.  Adlai and I drop Seth off at work and then Lilly off at school by 9.  We don't have playgroup until noonish.  The library doesn't open until 10:00 with story time at 10:30 but Adlai usually naps a little after 10.  So we do what we can.

We finally had nice weather so I took Adlai to the zoo!  I wanted to check out some new exhibits and I figured if jr would walk around for a while he would wear himself out and take a nice long nap.

So, off we went!

The first animals we came upon were the meerkats.  A mother had her babies outside in the open so all the other meerkats were going crazy keeping an eye out for anything that might eat the babies.  There were even meerkats doing the lookout thing on the highest thing they could find.  It was very cute but I have to imagine a bit stressful for these little guys.


At one point they all scattered, babies included.  I don't know what they saw but they were quite frightened.
 

Would love to capture Adlai looking at a seal in the underwater walkway.  But I did get Adlai and a big empty water tank.


This guy must have been waiting for a trainer.  He was sitting all pretty.


The walkway to the new area.


He may have wanted to climb up for a cuddle.  The big guy was a bit slippery, Adlai didn't get very far.


Next time I will actually take pictures of more animals we see.  Maybe.

On the way back to the train Adlai fell asleep.  Mission accomplished!

No comments: