Saturday, June 23, 2012

My Hobby

Anyone that knows anything about me probably knows I like doing the whole scrapbook thing.  It's fun.  It's creative.  There are a lot of cute things out there.  It's just something I really like doing.  And so, being the silly person that I am, I joined a party plan company that sells scrapbook stuff (and card making and other paper crafting type thingies).  We do the regular Free Make and Take Demonstration party type thing at people's homes and we also do workshops which are very awesome.  Even if I don't make money of it (which is difficult because I keep buying stuff), it's been worth it.

BECAUSE if you know anything about the scrapbooking world you may have heard of Tim Holtz.  And I got to meet him.  Not that I was the only one or anything, but I got to do a workshop with him.

So, it went down like this:

If you had made so much money in sales you would win an automatic bid to be able to do a workshop with Timmy.  Well, I just chuckled because I'm having a very slow start to this business stuff as no one I associate with does scrapbooking.  Craziness, I know.  There were then leftover spots for grabs and they were going to be based on a lottery draw.  If you got your minimum you got a ticket and if you did a few other things you could get another ticket.  I got one ticket.  I received an email saying that I had the opportunity to be in it, here is the price of the workshop, do I want to be placed in the lottery.  The cost was a little high but it was TIM!  I put my name in, not worrying about it, I never win these things.

But I already told you I saw him so you already know that I was able to get win a ticket.  That wasn't very exciting.  On top of the cost of the workshop I had to buy a bunch of supplies.  Tim Holtz did a workshop based on his techniques but using all products that we sell.  It was costing a lot more than I had planned but at least I only had to travel into the city.  Some people FLEW into Melbourne for the weekend to go to this thing.

So there was a catered lunch included in the cost and we had a some awards passed out (I didn't get any of those).  Then the big workshop.  Lots of information about the products.  The person beside me kept pulling out the cord to our extension cord so my heat gun kept turning off.  She didn't make me a happy camper.  But it was cool.  And then Timmy signed some stuff for us.  And a huge bunch of consultants got together for dinner afterwards.  All in all, a good day.

Some pictures to go with the many words -

The tags we were sort of doing.  These were his examples but he told us the techniques and told us to do whatever we wanted.


My mug that he would later sign!


He gave us instructions through a slide show and then walked around with encouragements and comments.  


Tim likes the work I did:

 

My clean hands.


I gave my camera to some manager guy and didn't realize he was going to take a bunch of pictures.  There were a few that I deleted immediately.


Tim and I!



PS check out www.kaszazz.com to see what sorts of products we sell and workshops we offer.  Just for fun!


No comments: