Saturday, February 11, 2012

I HATE ANTS!!

This country is being overrun with ants. And so is my house. And it is upsetting that those spiders that I LET live here are not eating the ants.

So we've had ants in various places in our house. Mostly the playroom (I don't know why they chose there, there is NO food or water there) and of course the kitchen/dining room area. So we've been sweeping and keeping the counters clean. But it doesn't make a difference. We've even sprayed outside where we thought they were coming in.

Seth and Lilly went to the shopping center and I laid down Adlai for a nap. I was going to clean up the hobby room but I put some dishes away in the pantry first. I shouldn't have looked. There were quite a few ants. Ok, I'll try to clean that up. I pulled out the potatoes and a mob of ants dispersed in every direction. Were they trying to carry out a 5 kg bag of potatoes (that's 11 pounds!)? This was the point that Adlai woke up from his nap. Go figure.

So I got him out and then pulled everything out of the bottom of the pantry (I have high hopes that the other shelves are ant free). I swept everything and then mopped. This time there was a trail out down the hall, across the playroom and out the door (before there were just random ants, no clear trail). So I was able to mop the trail and spray around the door again.

I ended up sweeping the floor three more times before Seth got home. I couldn't spray since all the other food was in the pantry. And the kid was sitting amongst the potatoes.

I'm over the ants. I just want them gone. But I did discover that Adlai enjoys helping out around the house.

1 comment:

Guinevere said...

I stumbled upon your blog and I read this post. I wanted to let you know ants hate Windex. If there are ants anywhere just spray the window cleaner around the perimeter of a window, around the base boards or on any possible entry way for the ants to get in and they will vanish. We spray it on the dog food bowl, let it dry then fill up with food, ants have not climbed in there since. I hope you get rid of the ants! =D