Saturday, December 27, 2008

Some things we forgot to mention . . .

Tuesday we had dinner with some friends. Lilly and their son are in playgroup together and we often meet at storytime, too. It was a nice Aussie dinner with a lamb roast. We had pudding at the end, some chocolate cake stuff and homemade ginger ice cream. Not my cup of tea (don't like tea either) but it was very nice to have a holiday dinner with new friends.


Santa stopped by to drop off a present for Lilly. He gave her Chutes and ladders. We've played several times and I'm the only one who can't seem to win. I've hit the biggest chute every single game.

Festivus was celebrated on Boxing Day (I know this isn't the traditional day but we don't go by the book). Lilly was still sick so we decided to do nothing so she could rest. I've got a 1000 piece Moulin Rouge puzzle to occupy my "free" time. Seth is looking for places to visit in his 1015 Things to See and Do in Australia. Personally the Big Manderin and Big Banana are on my list. Lilly's favorite gift seem to be foam bug shapes and paint brushes. We don't have paint at the moment but she's very excited and asks all the time if we can paint. I had gotten the wings a while ago when she started saying she was doing a butterfly dance. She loves the wings and the skirt! Boy is she going to be on cloud 9 when she sees her birthday present from Uncle J and Aunt M!!

Have a good one!

No comments: