Sunday, September 4, 2011

Happy Father's Day!

Father’s Day is in September, in case you hadn’t already picked up on that from the title of this post. I didn’t say anything about Mother’s Day because someone in the family was unprepared for it and thought it was the following weekend. But at least I gave Lilly some money to buy me something at the school Mother’s Day Stall. But I’m not bitter . . .

Anyway, I figured we needed to get out and do something so we headed to the city to see some footy action. Sure enough, our beloved Kangaroos were playing. Not that we have a favorite team but again, if we had to choose someone to barrack for, this is who we would pick. Unless they were playing the Geelong Cats.


I wore my Kangaroo jacket (I was a Kangaroo player one year for Halloween) and when we purchased our tickets, we were asked if we wanted to sit in the cheering section. This is like sitting in the end zone. I think they just try to fill these areas up to make both teams look like they have a lot of spectators.

Do you think Lilly has Seth’s eyes?

Happy Father’s Day, Seth! I love you!

And for the record, the Kangaroos actually won! This is the first time I've seen them win. You might remember when my mom was here they got stomped on.

2 comments:

mom said...

Loved these pictures!!!!!

Aleta said...

Gah! Adlai is such a cutie!!!