Monday, March 29, 2010

February 1 - First Day of Kinder

When we first moved here, I can't tell you how many people asked if I had Lilly on a waiting list for 3-year Kinder (aka Kindergarten, aka pre-school). Apparently it was important that I get Lilly into a good Kinder right away. Well, I just giggled and pretended I didn't know what they were talking about (cause I didn't). I didn't enroll Lilly in 3-year Kinder.

I did apply for one 4-year Kinder and we got in! Not that I was worried. It is within walking distance from our house and is in the same building as the Primary School where I was going to do some work for the first term. I figured if she didn't get in, I wouldn't sweat it. But she did, and she goes Monday and Wednesday for 5 hours each day.

First day of school: We had to wake Lilly up to get her ready. It wasn't the best day, Lilly doesn't do well with being woken up. She didn't smile until we stepped out of the house and that was just for the picture. She cried the entire time we were walking.



But once we got inside, she was much better. She did want me to come into the classroom and was reluctant to let me go. I helped her with a little activity and she seemed ok.



When I picked her up, she told me about her day and asked when she could come back. She's going to do well in there.

2 comments:

Emily said...

Oh my goodness - I got teary eyed reading this and looking at her grown up pictures! But c'mon, tell the truth, it was you crying all the way there, wasn't it?!

Arreteel said...

Emily, I agree - I see no evidence of tears in Lilly's eyes. Funny there is no picture of Jolie.

~Terra