Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Fancy Hat

The first Tuesday in November is the Melbourne Cup, a horse race that is also known as “The Race that Stops the Nation.” Everyone has the day off. I thought it was only in Victoria but last year we were out of town and people were off to the bars in their best racing gear to bet on the races. Racing gear usually consists of fancy dress and entertaining, I mean, fancy hats.

Lilly’s school has a Race Day celebration. They have races and a picnic and all the kids come in their fancy dress. We don’t have a fancy hat so we made an impromptu one. My cowboy hat along with some flowers Lilly and my mom made and she has a knockout race hat. I think she would wear it again.

Her cast is covered up but I swear I have a picture of her somewhere with that thing.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Hello from 2peas! That hat is cute! She looks darling!