Sunday, May 10, 2009

Hey, Mr. Postman!

Shortly after we arrived I got a scare by the crazy guy riding his scooter/motorcycle on the sidewalk. Well, that's the letter carrier. They don't walk house to house, they deliver on these nice little vehicles, on the sidewalk. I couldn't tell you if it is faster or why they use these? Did they start with horses and move right to mopeds? Not sure. I can tell you I have never had a conversation with my letter carrier, it's hard talking over the motor (makes me miss my letter carrier, Mary Ann).

(Uncle Dave, do you think you would be game for a scooter?)

There are post boxes every couple of blocks and I thought it was odd. I then found out that you don't leave your mail in your own mailbox to be picked up. You have to put it in the red box. I asked the lady who helped us find our house why you couldn't just leave it in your box and her response was 'That seems rather silly, someone could just come and take your mail.' I let it go but I have noticed that when the post person leaves the mail, he leaves it sticking out of the boxes. What is stopping anyone from taking that mail? Her logic really doesn't make sense to me.



And on to us, Lilly and tried to go to a concert for children this morning but didn't make it on time (our friends were running a bit late). So we checked out the town a bit and found a park to eat our doner kebabs and let the kids run around. Lilly has been into climbing trees lately and we found this one to satisfy her curiosity for a bit.

The temperature has been in the 60's during the day with drops into the 40's at night. Wouldn't be too bad but our house doesn't really warm up during the day. I'm cold pretty much all the time. I do complain about the temps and I know I shouldn't. From what I hear, it won't get too much colder, even in the winter. I'm crossing my fingers!

On Saturday Lilly and Seth went shopping for Mother's Day. When they came home Lilly handed me a bouquet of lilies, I'm waiting for them to open, I bet they'll rock (and I'll take some pictures). Seth was very thoughtful and bought some scrapbooking magazines, he told me to pick one and he'd get me a subscription. Seth made breakfast but other than that, we hung out at home. We made a quick run to Bunnings (similar to Lowe's or Home Depot) on the way to my soccer game. My team lost the game by one but I did score!

Have a good one!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm game for the scooter! Not sure about the hat.

Uncle Dave