Sunday, March 29, 2009

Cricket - February 15 - Who can give me some Rules?



Seth found a deal that we could go see a cricket match at the Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG) for free just by showing our train ticket. The match we were to see was part of a 3 day test match. Don't ask me to explain it - I'm just telling you what I was told! So we got there and looked high and low for empty seats. Ok, take a close look at the pictures. There were less than 100 people visible to us. So unless there were a plethora of people on the level right above, people weren't all that interested even with the idea of free! We got there in time to watch for about a half hour and then they took a lunch break. Who breaks for lunch? We'll have to go with someone who knows what is going on and can explain it, then we won't make fun of it as much!

The last pic here is a picture of the city. Not a great one but I was hoping to show the amount of smoke in the air from the bush fires. Of course, I'll have to go back to the MCG so I can get another picture of a clear day. It was a day where we could definitely smell the fires and the streets were very smoky.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice seeing you back blogging! Just a suggestion. Try the internet. It might enlighten the rules of cricket! :-)